Friday, February 27, 2009

Killer Chocolate Recipe

I meant to post this recipe before Valentine's Day, but it didn't happen. You'll have to make up your own excuse to make it. This recipe is REALLY good, REALLy easy, and everyone likes it.
Enjoy!

Double Chocolate Torte
1 package brownie mix (9x13 size)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups whipped topping
1 tsp chocolate sprinkles

Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Spread batter in a greased and floured 9" round pan. Bake at 350 for 38-40 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 10 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate; cool completely. In a bowl stir the chocolate and butter until smooth. Spread over brownie layer; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Just before serving top with whipped topping and decorate with sprinkles.

5 comments:

Neal & Michelle Bastian said...

Paula! Why do you always have the BEST recipes!! GOSH! I will try and make this chocolate death, it sounds delicious!
p.s. my lips hurt real bad, can you send me some chap stick?

crazycatlady said...

Go ask the school nurse. She has like 5 sticks in her drawer.

Neal & Michelle Bastian said...

Oh! Tushe!! That was good!!

and GROSS... they have like Koodies or something...

Sioux, Suep or Su said...

aluaP! You are testing my skillz in terms of being able to "POST". I typed up something clever and then had to "create an ID" and it lost my clever comment!

You do always find the BEST recipes and I loved the recipe swap scrapbook you sent, you should post that too!

Hey, did you ever find your rocket launcher? Did Dr. Horrible steal it for Dead Horse?

LMK

crazycatlady said...

Alas, no, I have not found a rocket launcher. The Bad Horse lead was a good one, though!